This is a recent photo of the Union Baptist Church building located on Harmony Road near Sheridan, OR.  It was originally built in 1872 in the true one-room schoolhouse design, with a wood stove and two doors, one for men and one for women.  The Union Baptist Church turned over the property ownership to Salem Missionary Baptist Church in June 1989 when Union Baptist dissolved.  We maintain the church building and Harmony cemetery grounds to keep the history alive.

Make a Free Website with Yola.